I’m not sure I have yet to meet a person who doesn’t love cheesecake. I’m sure there are a few out there somewhere but they are few and far between. It’s hard to resist the rich, creamy goodness of a cheesecake. And one of the wonderful things about baking cheesecake is that they lend themselves so well to creativity. Cream cheese is so versatile and matches well with so many flavours. You really can come up with some amazing cheesecake combinations. Like this decadent mini chocolate caramel cheesecake.
Do you have a favorite cheesecake recipe? Is it smothered in berries? Is it dripping with gooey chocolate or caramel? Maybe your creation is completely unique and surprising. Whatever your secret recipe is – it’s time to let the secret out! Why? Because the call is out for the Philadelphia Cheesecake of the Year! This is a fun and exciting contest that could put YOU in the hot seat. How does a bake off sound to you? I’ll admit the idea has me pretty stoked. I enter recipe contests all the time but I’ve never entered one that gave me the chance at a bake off! Intrigued? Here are some details for you:
- Bake up your favorite, original cheesecake recipe featuring Philadelphia Brick Cream Cheese. Make it festive because the winner will be featured in December advertising.
- Take a photo of your yummy creation and submit it along with your original recipe.
- Your entry will be judged by a panel of Kraft judges using the selection criteria posted on the contest website.
- Five finalists will be flown to Toronto for the Cheesecake of the Year bake off!
- The grand prize winner will not only receive the title of 2014 Cheesecake of the Year and be featured in a national print campaign but will also receive $5,000!
- For an added bonus – the first 250 eligible entrants to submit a recipe into the contest twill receive a FREE brick of Philadelphia Cream Cheese.
I don’t know about you but I have a million festive cheesecake ideas swirling around in my head now. Cranberries, candy cane, Christmas pudding – the possibilities are limitless. It’s going to be hard to narrow it down. One thing I know for sure, my friends and family will not complain one bit about being my taste testers as I work away at my creamy creation. Yes, holiday flavours in June might be a little odd but I am pretty sure there will not be any complaints.
So go grab some Philadelphia Cream Cheese, get your thinking cap on, grab your camera and get cooking! You have until June 16th to submit your masterpiece.
This post was brought to you by Kraft Canada via sheblogs. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Kraft Canada.