This a salad that I’ve been making for several years now and it’s a hit in my house and always received rave reviews when I serve it to guests as well. I was having a hard time finding a salad dressing that I really liked so I just developed my own recipe.
Berry Balsamic Salad
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of your favorite berry jam
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 3 cups of salad greens
- 2 tablespoons of crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons of toasted almonds (sliced or slivered) or toasted pine nuts
- 1/3 cup of seasonal berries – sliced strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, etc just buy what looks good!
In a salad bowl add your salad greens, goat cheese, berries and almonds or pine nuts.
Add the balsamic vinegar to the cooled dressing (it doesn’t need to be completely cool) and mix well. Pour over salad and gently toss.
*** This is an easy recipe to experiment with and top with your favorite additions. I occasionally add chopped red onion or toss in some Frenchs Fried Onions for an additional crunch.