I have to admit it doesn’t feel much like it where I live yet but summer is right around the corner. Once the warm weather hits my whole family is itching to get out and make the most of it. In the cold winter months we are more likely to travel south in search of sun and sand but in the warmer months we love to explore all of the amazing Canadian spots. Here are just a few examples of some family friendly spots to visit that are sure to give you memories to last a lifetime:
- Watch whales instead of TV—The Vancouver Whale Watch, now in its 15th year, provides a once in a lifetime opportunity to see the majestic creatures in action.
- Check out the Wildlife Discovery Tour in Jasper, Alberta—the best place in the Canadian Rockies to see wildlife. Follow along knowledgeable guides in search of moose, elk, bear, mountain sheep, wolves, and even loons, eagles and osprey. I have yet to take my little one to Jasper but I’ve been a few times myself and can’t wait to explore it again with her. The wildlife really is amazing!
- Venture over to The Forks—Winnipeg’s meeting place where the Red and Assiniboine Rivers meet. Whether it’s beautiful scenery, dining, shopping or entertainment, it’s a great place to check out with the family this summer.
- While you’re in Winnipeg be sure to take your kids to visit Tinker Town. We visit every year and it never gets old. It’s perfect for kids of all ages.
- Give white water rafting a go at the River Run Rafting and Wilderness Resort in the Ottawa Valley—this family style raft trip is fun for adults as well as children of all ages.
- Hike the Cabot Trail on Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia. From hiking to kayaking to whale watching, the Cabot Trail provides the recipe for a perfect family summer getaway.
- Visit your local Farmer’s Market. We have an amazing market here and try to visit them when we are travelling too.
- Get out and go camping! This has become one of our favourite summer family activities and I can’t wait to get out to the camp ground this summer!
After the adventure is over, it’s time to get you and your family back in tip top shape. If sore muscles, bumps and bruises were a result of the fun times had, fear not, as Rub A535™ has got you covered. Try the Maximum Strength Heating Cream so you can get pain relief—fast. I damaged my knee years ago in a ski accident and I know after a long day of adventure (especially bike riding) I’m reaching for my Rub A535.
Summer fun often means dirt – lots and lots of dirt. Let OxiClean™ do all the work. OxiClean™ Laundry Detergent tackles even the toughest, dried on stains like grass and dirt, plus it will leave your whites and colours vivid and bright.
What are your summer family plans? Are you a camping family or do you prefer something a little more luxurious?
Disclaimer: I am part of the C&D Ambassador program and receive perks as part of the program. All opinions expressed are 100% my own.