Do you ever just crave vegetables? I do. And sometimes a salad, not matter how tasty or full of veggies it is, just doesn’t cut it.
There is just no better way, in my opinion, to fulfil that vegetable craving than with a stir fry. One of the awesome things about making a stir fry is that you can make it whatever you want. There is no hard and fast recipe you have to stick to. If you are like me and don’t care for broccoli – well just leave it out. You can customize a stir fry to satisfy ever eater in your house. And they are so fast to make too! A few fresh vegetables, some meat (or not) and a package of your favorite Blue Dragon stir fry sauce and you have an amazing meal in minutes.
I picked up some nice pork chops for a great price the other day and thought they would make the perfect addition to a stir fry. And for me you can’t have pork without apples. Pork, apples and chinese cabbage make for a slightly new twist on some classic flavours. The Blue Dragon Honey Teriyaki Sauce brought all the flavours in this fresh dish together wonderfully without overpowering the fresh ingredients.
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 2-3 pork chops cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
- 2 baby bok choy chopped
- 1 sweet pepper cut into strips
- ½ onion cut into large pieces
- 2 cups of snow peas
- 1 apple cut into thick slices
- 1 package of Blue Dragon Honey Teriyaki Stir Fry Sauce
- Melt coconut oil in a large pan or wok over medium high heat.
- Add the pork and stir fry until cooked through.
- Add the sesame seeds and stir fry until the seeds start to brown (about 30 seconds)
- Add the bok choy, pepper, onion and snow peas. Stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add the apple slices and stir fry sauce, stir and heat for an additional minute.
Disclosure: I am part of the Blue Dragon Canada ambassador program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.