When you mention Indian it’s not uncommon to hear people profess their love for butter chicken. And that’s not surprising. Butter chicken has such a creamy, rich yet not too spicy flavour. It’s also one of those dishes that is perfect for introducing people, including kids, to the wonderful world of Indian food. It’s definitely a favorite in our house, so much so that I find myself coming up with new ways to serve it just to change things up a bit. This Butter Chicken Veggie Bake, made with Patak’s Butter Chicken Sauce, is an easy and delicious twist on the usual. One pot meals make life easier and less messy. It only takes minutes to prepare and then I just pop it in the oven and forget about it until it’s time to come out. Since it’s complete with chicken, potatoes and other vegetables there’s no need to spend time making side dishes either.
- 4 chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
- 1 jar of Patak's Butter Chicken Sauce
- 1 cup of peas
- ½ onion cut into thin slices
- 2 red potatoes cut into thin slices
- ½ medium zucchini cut into slices
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place the chicken in a casserole dish. Add Butter Chicken sauce and peas and mix together.
- Layer the sliced onion over the chicken mixture.
- Place the potato and zucchini slices in a bowl and toss with the olive oil.
- Layer the potatoes and zucchinis over the onions.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
am part of the Patak’s Canada ambassador program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.