Easy Pina Colada Cupcakes
Makes 24 cupcakes
- 1 box of white cake mix
- 1 1/2 cups of crushed pineapple (not drained)
- 2 eggs
- 1 oz of spiced rum (you can use regular rum if you don’t have spiced)
- 1 can of store bought vanilla or cream cheese icing OR 2 cups of homemade buttercream or cream cheese icing
- 1/3 cup of crushed pineapple (well drained)
- 3//4 cup of shredded coconut
Preheat oven to 350 and line muffin tins with papers.
In a large bowl combine the cake mix, crushed pineapple, eggs and rum. Mix until well incorporated. Divide evenly into the muffin tins. Bake for 15-20 or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.
To make the icing combine the premade icing with the drained crushed pineapple and coconut. Mix well and put on the cooled cupcakes.
If you want to find out how to make the beautiful pineapple flower garnishes head over to Mom & Munchkins and you’ll find the tutorial I did for her!