The average three year old asks 5,387 questions a day. Ok, I made that up. But some days it feels that way. We cannot get through a book, TV program or conversation without a question every 5 seconds. Sometimes I have the answers, often I don’t. Or if I do have it I’m not quite sure how to get it across to a preschooler.
Stuff My Three Year Old Asks – And Expects Me to Answer
- How did you make me?
- But how did the doctor get me out of your tummy?
- Why do dinosaurs leave their bones?
- Where do they go when they die?
- Do they take their skin with them?
- Will I grow a peepee like daddy?
- But why can’t I pee standing up?
- Why does poop stink?
- Why is bird poop white?
- Why are you honking at that guy?
- Why didn’t you honk at anyone today?
- If you squish a lady bug do its guts come out?
- Why is that guy riding his bike in the snow?
- Why do planes have wheels?
- What color is water?
- Why does that guy have long hair?
- Why does that guy have no hair?
- How do rocks grow?
And of course every other word out of her mouth is WHY. At least when she’s asking questions she isn’t yelling at me (Terrifying Threes).
Does your little one ask a million questions? What are your favorites? Which ones do you struggle to answer?