When I was asked to take part in the Hidden Valley Ranch Recipe Challenge I couldn’t resist the challenge! What is the challenge? To “ranchify” a recipe with an emphasis on fresh ingredients. I knew right away which of my favorite fresh recipes I was going to rock with a little help from Hidden Valley! The only tough decision would be which flavour – Original, Cheese or Spicy – to use!
This recipe is a family favorite that you can feel great about serving. Packed full of fresh veggies and so delicious!
Ranchified Veggie Cakes
Makes 10 cakes
- 1 cup of shredded carrots
- 1 cup of shredded zucchini (squeeze out excess moisture)
- 1 cup of shredded sweet potatoes
- ½ cup of whole kernel corn
- 1 cup of shredded potatoes (frozen shredded hashbrowns work well)
- ½ cup of fresh or frozen peas
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- ¼ cup of your favorite ranch dressing (I used Cheese)
- ½ cup of flour
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ¼ cup of your favorite ranch dressing (I used Spicy)
- ¾ cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of honey
Combine all of the vegetables in a large bowl. Mix well. Add the beaten egg and the ranch dressing and stir until combined with the veggies. Add the flour and mix again.
In a large frying pan heat the oil over medium heat. Using your hands, form your veggie mixture into patties. Fry on each side until golden brown (approximately 5-7 minutes on each side). Remove from heat and serve with the yogurt dip.
To make the yogurt dip simply mix all of the ingredients in a small bowl and serve along side your veggie cakes.
Disclaimer – I received product and/or compensation to facilitate this post. All opinons (and recipes) are 100% my own.
Find more of my favorite recipes here.