Easy Pepper Steak Recipe
- 1 pound of your favorite marinating or simmering steak (sirloin tip, blade, etc) cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- 2 sweet bell peppers (red, yellow and/or orange) cut into strips
- 1 large can of stewed tomatoes (including the juice)
- 1/2 of an onion cut into thin strips
- 1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1/2 cup of cold water
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of corn starch
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- salt and pepper
Heat olive oil in heavy pan over medium heat. Add steak strips and saute for about 10 min until browned. Add peppers, onions, garlic and canned tomatoes. Cover and simmer over medium low heat, stirring occasionally, for approximately 20 minutes until peppers and onions are tender.
Mix water, corn starch, soy sauce and sugar in a small bowl or cup until well blended. Slowly mix into pan with the meat and vegetables and stir until sauce is thickened. Salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and serve over rice or noodles.