The true north strong and free…
My daughter is two, she understands what home is but her concept of home is on a rather small scale. Right now, home means our house, our yard and I think she would include the garage. There is not yet a concept of community (well maybe a little), city, province, country, etc. We happen to live in a great city, in an amazing province and in one of the most amazing countries on the planet. I want her to grow up with an appreciation of those facts.
Things I want my daughter to know, love and never forget about Canada:
- You are blessed to live in this country. You have and will continue to have freedoms that other people don’t even dare to dream for. You will enjoy a quality of life that exceeds most other places on this planet.
- Always, always, always respect the cultures and traditions of other Canadians, including those who were here before us and those that came after us. One of the great things about this country is our diversity and that we welcome everyone with open arms. We are all Canadians whether we were born here or not.
- Canada has spawned some truly amazing and often life changing ideas and inventions – the light bulb (yep, Edison perfected it but a Canadian invented it), insulin, the pace maker, the zipper, the paint roller, basket ball, plexiglass and the retractable beer carton handle (just to name a few).
- Travel as often as you can. Explore the wonders of your country and beyond. You will, all at the same time, gain an appreciation for your home and the places you visit.
- Always, no matter where in the word you may be, cheer for the Riders.
- Be proud to be Canadian! You can shout it from the rooftops or you can keep the thought quietly in your heart but always be proud of where you come from. Being Canadian has made you who you are and you are pretty special.
I’m proud to be Canadian and to be part of the Great Canadian Blog Bash 2012! To help celebrate I am hosting a giveaway! There are two prizes up for grabs. First prize is a $25 Home Depot Gift Card and the secondary prize is a $10 Tim Card for all you Tim Horton lovers our there! Enter below. This contest is open to Canadians only and open until July 1st. Good luck to everyone and thanks for stopping by!
When you are done here head on over to the official #TGCBB page and enter to win some fabulous prizes!!